Your Questions Answered

Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the HAC:



Do you provide for different dietary requirements?

We provide a vegetarian option for guests as a matter of course. Unless we are informed differently we will provide this for 10% of the final number of guests (this is an additional 10%). With sufficient notice we can cater for any specific dietary requirements that your guests may have.

Do you offer a childrens’ menu?

Yes, we are able to offer a variety of options for children whether that be a separate menu or smaller portions of the same meal as the adults.

Will I have exclusive use of the venue?

It is possible to exclusively hire the banqueting rooms inside Armoury House during the evenings and at weekends although you should note that HAC members do still have access to their own section of the HAC. The Prince Consort Rooms are adjacent to Armoury House and benefit from its own dedicated entrance.

Can we use the garden?

It is possible to hire part of the garden for a pre dinner drinks reception at an additional charge. You are welcome to use the Square immediately outside the House for photographs at no additional charge.

Is the HAC licensed for civil marriage ceremonies?

Yes, the Prince Consort Rooms, Long Room, Queen’s and Ante Rooms are all licensed. You will need to arrange your civil marriage ceremony direct with the Islington Superintendant Registrar. They can be contacted on 020 7527 6350/1

How long in advance do I need to book?

We suggest that you talk to us about a provisional booking as soon as you have a particular date in mind. The HAC is in high demand at weekends, particularly Saturdays, and the popular summer dates go very quickly.

Can I bring my own caterer?

With the exception of Sundays and 12 Saturdays throughout the year all catering must be provided by our in-house caterers who offer the high standard of catering that you would expect at such a prestigious venue. They are flexible in their approach and are happy to talk to you about your menu ideas or specific requirements.

Do you allow kosher or asian caterers?

Yes we allow external caterers, but only on a Sunday and 12 Saturdays throughout the year. Please ask for a list of caterers who are accredited to work at the HAC on a Sunday.

Can I bring my own wines?

Yes. If you choose to bring your own wines you will be charged a wine service charge of £12 + VAT per bottle, and £14 + VAT for sparkling wines.

Can we taste the food before our event?

Yes, we offer a complimentary tasting for up to four people as long as your wedding or party has already been confirmed at the HAC and is for more than 80 guests. We normally conduct the tasting six weeks before the wedding as we like to use fresh, seasonal produce and it therefore makes sense to do the tasting fairly close to the wedding date. If you would like to have a tasting before confirming your wedding or party at the HAC this can be arranged, however, should you choose not to proceed at the HAC a charge would be made for the tasting.

How do I confirm my wedding or event at the HAC?

You can verbally confirm with a telephone call however we do ask that you then put the confirmation in writing. We will then send you a contract together with a deposit invoice to secure the date.

How do I choose my flowers for the reception?

Within the package there is an allocation for floristry and we have lots of suggestions of different styles and colour schemes. Should you wish to supplement the floristry included in the package then you are very welcome to do so. Our florists will also be very happy to talk to you about your bouquet and church decorations if you would like them to do so.

Do I have to choose a wedding package?

Our packages are designed to make arranging your wedding as simple and straightforward as possible whilst offering excellent value for money. We recognise however that this will not suit everybody and we are more than happy to tailor make a proposal for you.

How do I arrange to come and view the venue?

We are very happy to show you around the venue, show you lots of photos, and to talk through your wedding in detail to build up a picture of what you are looking for and therefore how we can help. Just give us a call and we can set up a suitable time.

Do you have any accommodation?

A changing room can be provided for the Bride and Groom within the hire charge of the venue however overnight accommodation is not available. We have a list of local hotels where you can arrange overnight accommodation for your guests.

Can we have fireworks?

The number of events per year at which we can have fireworks outside on the garden is strictly limited however you are welcome to ask us whether this would be possible. A charge of £1500 + Vat would be made for the use of the garden.

Do you have a PA system or will I need to bring my own?

We have a PA system with microphones in both the Prince Consort Rooms and the Long Room which you are welcome to use for speeches. You can plug an ipod into both systems however the PA system is not suitable for bands or discos. A separate system would need to be hired in for this.

Can I bring my own entertainment?

We have a list of suggested entertainment providers who have worked at the HAC before and know the venue well, however, if you have own entertainment in mind you are welcome to use them. They will need to provide the HAC with details of their insurance cover and a risk assessment for working at the venue.

We prefer that the band is already set up before guests are seated for dinner in order to keep disruption to a minimum.

Is parking available at the HAC?

At evenings and weekends we are generally able to offer a very limited amount of parking although this is not something that we are able to guarantee. At weekends parking is free on the surrounding roads after 1pm on Saturday. The closest NCP carpark is opposite the HAC at Finsbury Square.

Is smoking permitted?

Smoking is not permitted inside the HAC. Guests are permitted to smoke outside in the designated area.

sub banner